Monday, April 20, 2015

Remembering Lee Kuan Yew










It has been three weeks since the passing of our Minister Mentor Mr Lee Kwan Yew. Life should have return to normal but yet the tinge of sorrow still lingers in the air of Singapore. Bernard and I took the chance to visit the Parliament House (as well as Tanjong Pagar CC) to say our farewells but queues were suspended. We waited for a few hours but we had no choice but to lay our flowers at the designated spot which was directly opposite the Parliament House. While walking there, we observed the queue, the security check points, the volunteers and the atmosphere at 3 am in the morning. My heart was heavy, my eyes were brimming. We laid our flowers, faced the parliament house and said a short prayer for him. We hope that he is in a better place.

Never thought I'd get emotional over a man I've never had a chance to meet. Over that week, I cried more tears than I usually should for the loss of a man I have utmost respect for. He was the sun to our land, the life to Singapore and now the nation mourns for our loss. Mr Lee, we wish you never left us but you live in our hearts and we will always remember your vision, contributions and hardwork. May you rest in eternal peace sir, thank you for all that you've done. 

#RememberingLeeKuanYew

No comments:

Post a Comment