Thursday, April 23, 2015

After School Adventures #3

It's back to school for Bernard and I since two weeks ago ~~ Almost every once a week after school, we'd take a break and go chill at some cafe.. Here's two that we visited over the past two weeks and also a slight continuation from my #afterschooladventures blog posts : )

Strangers Reunion (revisited)

 We are definitely no stranger to this cafe having visited this place more than we should (their service seriously sux) but this time when we went, it was a whole different customer service experience. The carpark I usually park at (directly opposite) was closed and it was raining cats and dogs so we had to park rlly far and share an umbrella with our shoes all soaked... not a good start but I love how they made sure we were dry and etc before starting our meal. The girl serving us was super duber nice!!






 I'm not a huge salmon fan but every time I visit Stranger's, I have to eat their house smoked salmon eggs benedict. Yes, it sounds like another typical cafe food dish but this one comes with feta cheese, walnut crumble, salad and sultana bread. They also don't have the unconventional hollandaise sauce and that's what makes this dish so super special - it's actually crafted hazelnut béarnaise!  

Béarnaise sauce: Béarnaise sauce is a sauce made of clarified butter emulsified in egg yolks and white wine vinegar and flavored with herbs. 

ok truth be told lar, I came here for the sole purpose of trying their berry ricotta hotcakes that all the pops bloggers are raving about and i'm so damm sad to say that IT SUCKS. I don't know why all the reviews are like "it's so good! you have to try it!!". It literally tasted like cake mixed topped off with beautiful berries, seeds and vanilla ice cream ~.~ 

One Man Coffee






I've heard so much about One Man, walked passed way too many times but finally decided to give it a try! I have to say their ham & cheese croissant and coffee did not disappoint. The atmosphere was chilled and laid back, literally my ideal definition of a perfect noon ^_^

Happy mid week!! eh no it's Thursday already, yasssss one day closer to Friday!!
#afterschooladventures

No comments:

Post a Comment