Thursday, October 23, 2014

Necessary Provisions / Flock Café

 You'd be seeing a whole ton of coffee pix on my Instagram and blog for the next 5 months because 8:30 am lessons are a real burden. It's insane to wake up at 7 am for school. The last time I did that was 4 years ago when I was in secondary school and I hated every moment of it. Thankfully my lectures now are only 3 hours everyday! Here's 2 cafes that I explored last week:

Necessary Provisions

In the quiet vicinity of Eng Kong Park lies a quaint and comforting cafe called Necessary Provisions.  NP is not exactly the most accessible for a good cup of caffeine but I would still say it's worth the trip! If you don't have your own set of wheels, I will suggest you take a taxi.







 They had no mocha on the menu so it was hot chocolate with a shot of espresso which cost us $7.50! I have never paid $7.50 for a cup of hot mocha.. cray but the texture was just right. There was a right amount of espresso and chocolate which made the coffee smooth and creamy (self-comfort k). The flourless chocolate cake was the best thing I ever had. I'm not a big fan of chocolate cakes but this one was so dense and yummy I wanted to order one whole cake for take-away. It tasted nothing like how it looks!! For a healthier choice, the fruit granola was yummy. I only agreed to order it upon hearing that their granola is homemade, definitely didn't disappoint : ) All in all, NP is a great cafe and I'd definitely be back for their mains! 

Flock Café

Flock Cafe is a laid-back cafe at Tiong Bahru. It is relatively quieter compared to their neighbours like Plain Vanilla, Forty Hand and Open Door Policy but I love the ambience!








We ordered a mocha and orange bundt cake to share. Flock Cafe ensures quality coffee by using reliable beans from Liberty Coffee. The mocha was very lovely! I'm not being bias at all even though my friend Nathaniel was the barista and gave us the coffee on the house :> The cake on the other hand wasn't too my liking. It had a nice citrus flavour and icing but it was a tad bit too dry. It's a nice place to spend a lazy day and I wouldn't mind coming back at all :-) 

-

So, one of my readers casually said that my blog is turning into a food blog. It is super different from Blewgoodbyes and some do not like it :/ I never planned for this site to be some blog that gives endless reviews about food but indeed this is what is has become hahaha. I promise I will make more effort to blog more about my life and less about food even though my life revolves around food. Thanks for reading nonetheless : ) x 

No comments:

Post a Comment