Thursday, February 22, 2018

Perth 2017 - Day 1, Part I

Had the opportunity to travel with the family to Perth, WA in November last year! It was our first time in Perth for most of us and also our family's first self-drive trip. We arrived at 6 pm and knowing Australian culture, everything was pretty much closed. We grabbed dinner at a nearby mall before checking-in to our apartment. 

On the morning of our first (full) day in Perth, we started with breakfast at tbsp which was (just nice) en route to Caversham Wildlife Park!





The cafe is small and compact but thankfully, we didn't have to queue for a table! 







I must say, the food here is mind blowing. Probably one of the best cafe spots in our itinerary! We loved the Asian twist with the Kimchi fried rice - though it's a little too filling for breakfast. A must-order is their beef brisket benedict which was packed with so much flavour and went perfectly well with the runny yolk! Skip the french toast though, it was nothing fancy. 


*take family photo before food comes* 
*take family photo again after food comes* 
.
.
.
We then set off to Caversham Wildlife Park to.. see animals. 

me: Emiko, help me take a picture of me walking 
Dad: me too!




lol i died 



Mandatory tourist shot at the entrance!




Our first stop was the farm show. Sheep shearing was the main highlight and I found my vegan sister crying once again (we went to a farm show in Brisbane 10 years ago, she was a toddler then but wailed like mad when the sheep was being sheared. Should've known then that it's the BIGGEST sign of her becoming vegan zzz).



We then went to pat some kangaroos. Ok we = everyone else but me. 





I'm not the biggest fan of animals in general so there's no way I'd pet a kangaroo - their long tail and hind legs are enough to kill, lol. 

This was me the entire time, attempting to stand far away:




I did take one decent picture though, only one:


*smile Vevien!! SMILE!* 


I did touch a wombat though?!!?




random animals and human beings 





The most exciting part was probably meeting the koalas! 

The recommended time to spend at the park is half a day but we covered the entire ground within 3 hours and desperately wanted to leave because it was getting very boring. We decided to head to Swan Valley after. I'll talk more about the second half of the day in a separate post!

-

FYI in this entire Perth travelogue, I will reiterate how bad my sister's photo taking skills are. 

Example number 1:



I take such nice, decent pictures for them on a random road. 



And this is the kind of pictures she take for me. If you need to know exactly which sister, it's Emiko. The second sister. The one wearing black. The vegan one. 

More examples in the next few posts, ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment